Friday, February 18, 2011

Life's a Little Saucy!

This week I was busy with Community Bible Study, running errands, walking my Basset, and cleaning house.  It was my goal to spend some quality time sewing, but alas, it was not to be.  But that is not to say that I did not accomplish other important and enjoyable endeavors.  Here is one of them.  It is my homemade meat sauce for the traditional lasagna dinner that I make for my loving husband every February.  He has been out of town for business most of the month, but we will celebrate his birthday (belated) next Thursday evening after he returns from California.  In the mean time, I prepared the homemade lasagna sauce this afternoon and I will store it in the refrigerator until I need it next week.  Makes for quite pretty jars don't you agree?


Since the sauce will be stored in the refrigerator for a short period of time, I chose not to "can" the sauce.  Instead, I simply sealed it with my Foodsaver.  IMO, this is a must-have appliance for the kitchen!
 




Here are the jars of sauce, ready to enjoy next week.


1 comment:

  1. I can hardly wait to taste the sauce and lasagna when I return!

    ReplyDelete