About Me

My photo

As a Martha Pullen licensed sewing teacher I love to learn new sewing techniques and I equally enjoy teaching sewing techniques to others.  You can also find me teaching Bernina Customer Courses at my local Bernina dealer.  In addition, I demonstrate Stampin' Up products.  I am a servant of the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, wife of one, mom of two, and grandma of five.  Welcome to my sewing and crafting studio!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Simplicity 2475 Encore

Happy Mother's Day to all moms, moms-to-be, and those who are like-a-mom!

In an earlier review of this skirt pattern, I noted that I would make it again.  I did sew it with the intention of making a coordinating top and skirt outfit for Mother's Day.  Well, here it is in a red linen frabric from JoAnn Fabrics.  I did make a lining for this version.  I am sewing a knit top to coordinate with this skirt, but due to a week beyond my control, was unable to finish it in time for Mother's Day (sigh).  It looks okay with this jacket and camisole, but not exactly what I planned.


Here's the kick pleat.  I used the same fabric for the insert.