About Me

My photo

As a Martha Pullen licensed sewing teacher I love to learn new sewing techniques and I equally enjoy teaching sewing techniques to others.  You can also find me teaching Bernina Customer Courses at my local Bernina dealer.  In addition, I demonstrate Stampin' Up products.  I am a servant of the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, wife of one, mom of two, and grandma of five.  Welcome to my sewing and crafting studio!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Square Pot Holder

From this book:


This is my all time favorite pot holder pattern.  I've made these a number of times over the past couple years, I'm spoiled now and I won't buy ready made pot holders.  I've become somewhat of a pot holder snob as these have spoiled me!


This is my favorite set so far.  How appropriate for a kitchen linen are vegetables?  And look at those vibrant, feel good colors.  Here's a shot of the the opposite patchwork style side:



I followed the instructions as written for each pot holder, with these exceptions:

1.  I omitted the grommet because I don't hang my pot holders.  I keep them in the drawer next to the stove.

2.  I substituted 1 panel of 9" x 9" Insul-Bright for the 2 panels of 9" x 9" cotton batting and I substitued 2 panels of 4" x 9" Insul-Bright for the 2 panels of 4" x 9" cotton batting.  I find that the Insul-Bright gives just a bit more protection from the heat than does the two layers of cotton batting.

Here's a close up of the quilted hand covers: