Saturday, September 24, 2011

Kitchen Valance

It's Fall and it's time for a change.  Here is a simple valance I made for my kitchen window.  Such a small change but such a significant impact.  Sometimes simple is good!


I used some fabric from my stash.  It is actually a Christmas print, but IMO can be used year round.  It is "At Home for the Holidays" by Heather Mulder for Henry Glass Fabrics.  The black print is a great accent to my black appliances, but I needed a pop of color so I added extra large red ric rac trim.  I purchased both from my local quilt store about a year ago.


Now on to something not so simple.  I must finish two skirts - one for me and one for my guest bed!  Have a terrificly beautiful Fall weekend.  My apple butter is in the canner processing as I edit this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment