About Me

My photo

As a Martha Pullen licensed sewing teacher I love to learn new sewing techniques and I equally enjoy teaching sewing techniques to others.  You can also find me teaching Bernina Customer Courses at my local Bernina dealer.  In addition, I demonstrate Stampin' Up products.  I am a servant of the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, wife of one, mom of two, and grandma of five.  Welcome to my sewing and crafting studio!

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Kitchen Valance

It's Fall and it's time for a change.  Here is a simple valance I made for my kitchen window.  Such a small change but such a significant impact.  Sometimes simple is good!


I used some fabric from my stash.  It is actually a Christmas print, but IMO can be used year round.  It is "At Home for the Holidays" by Heather Mulder for Henry Glass Fabrics.  The black print is a great accent to my black appliances, but I needed a pop of color so I added extra large red ric rac trim.  I purchased both from my local quilt store about a year ago.


Now on to something not so simple.  I must finish two skirts - one for me and one for my guest bed!  Have a terrificly beautiful Fall weekend.  My apple butter is in the canner processing as I edit this post.