Friday, December 9, 2011

Vogue 1275

I made view A (the brown, long sleeved view).  


It fits nice and I did not make any alterations to the pattern (since it is made from a knit, I knew it would stretttttch over my lumps!)  The neckline also sits nice.  I thought it might be a bit “gapey” because of how it fit before I applied the neck band, but when it was finished, it behaved itself nicely.

Here's a photo of the neck before I added the band.  I was concerned that it would gape like that after it was finished and I planned to take in the neck line, but I decided to wait until I got the neck band sewn on.  I'm glad I waited, because the neck band made the neck line lay down nice and flat against my skin.

I especially like the ruched effect on the sleeves, it is a nice design detail and very easy to sew.
Here's the inside of the sleeve to show you how the elastic is applied with a zig zag stitch and stretched to fit.


And here it is from the right side:


It is difficult to see because of the busyness of the print, but the front ruching detail is quite flattering for my small bust.  Here's a close up (under poor indoor lighting).


The fabric is a polyester/lycra knit that I purchased at Jo-Ann Fabrics.  It's part of a fabric collection by April Johnston (for those of you who are Project Runway fans, she was on season 8).  All in all, I really like this top and I plan to wear it quite often during these cold, winter months.

1 comment:

  1. Your fabric choice suits the pattern well - also a huge fan of the sleeve runching. Glad the neckline behaved for you - nothing worse than a gaping neck line!!!

    ReplyDelete