About Me

My photo

As a Martha Pullen licensed sewing teacher I love to learn new sewing techniques and I equally enjoy teaching sewing techniques to others.  You can also find me teaching Bernina Customer Courses at my local Bernina dealer.  In addition, I demonstrate Stampin' Up products.  I am a servant of the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, wife of one, mom of two, and grandma of five.  Welcome to my sewing and crafting studio!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Civil War Generals' Wives BOM - Month Four

Admittedly, I'm behind on my Civil War Blocks of the Month.  This one was my January shipment!  I'm working on catching up with them this week because I truly would like to have all 12 complete by October so I can finish the quilt in time to give it to my Civil War enthusiast husband for Christmas.



This was a fun block to sew.  No itty bitty pieces to worry about.  And I'm really partial to green, so of course I like the color scheme.  This block is in honor of Irene (Rucker) Sheridan, wife of General Sheridan.  Following the Civil War, the Sheridan's lived in Washington in a home that was purchased for them by Chicago citizens who were grateful to General Sheridan for his work following the great Chicago fire in 1871 - now that's gratitude!!