Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Crochet Chevron Blanket



I haven't posted anything about this project, but I have been crocheting this dang blanket for almost three months!  I only crochet when I sit down to watch a show on television (I have a very difficult time just sitting and watching something - that's probably why I don't go to the movies very often).  This blanket consists entirely of single crochet, which if you crochet, you know that is a very small stitch so it takes a lot of them to accomplish much.  Whew!  I love the blanket, it is a throwback to the 1970's when they were very popular and many, many colors were used in the blanket.  It must have been a way to use up yarn scraps.  I remember my mother made one for our sofa.  Anyway, I like the updated minimal coloring used in this one and chevrons are extremely popular right now in home dec as well as scrapbooking and crafts.  Here's a close-up of all those little single crochets:


This was a free pattern from All Things Bright and Beautiful  I used Red Heart worsted weight (4) acrylic yarn and a size "I" crochet hook.  There are 8 sections of white, 6 sections of green, and one section of blue - each section consists of 10 rows of single crochet.  The blanket is 45" x 65".

4 comments:

  1. I love love love this blanket! The colors and pattern are fantastic. I think it is time to teach myself to crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I crochet and couldn't imagine tackling an entire blanket of singles! Round of applause to you! I really like the updated look of the blue and green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would look good in my house. *ahem*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I never learned to crochet much more than a basic scarf. I'll have to try my hand at it again.

    ReplyDelete