Friday, April 6, 2012

Civil War Generals' Wives BOM - Setting Blocks

I received the fabric and instructions for setting blocks several months ago, but procrastinated in assembling them.  Please don't laugh, but being the novice quilter that I am, I had no clue what a setting block was!  So in my effort to understand said blocks, I came upon an article at McCalls Quilting that explained it quite well.  These blocks are oversized blocks that are used around the perimeter of the design blocks so they can be trimmed to size without cutting into the design blocks.

So here are my first two setting blocks:

Setting Block #1 - I made 12 of these
and . . .
Setting Block #2 - I made 4 of these
I am waiting for design block #7, which should be here next week.  Until then, that is my quilting for now. 

I am moving on to tweaking the fit of my Jalie jeans pattern and altering the design a wee bit to make a pair of capris.  I purchased some black stretch denim from Joann Fabrics this week and it is pre-washed and ready to go.

I also completed a dress this week, but I don't have photos to share as of yet.  Hopefully I will get that one posted this weekend.  Have a blessed Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment