About Me

My photo

As a Martha Pullen licensed sewing teacher I love to learn new sewing techniques and I equally enjoy teaching sewing techniques to others.  You can also find me teaching Bernina Customer Courses at my local Bernina dealer.  In addition, I demonstrate Stampin' Up products.  I am a servant of the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, wife of one, mom of two, and grandma of five.  Welcome to my sewing and crafting studio!

Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Midsummer Night's Bloom - Bed Runner


No garment sewing last week, but I did manage to piece together this bed runner topper:


The pattern is from a book by Kathy Brown, Bed Runners Using Precut Fabrics.  This is the second bed runner I've made from this book.  I made the first one for our guest room.  This one is going in our master bedroom.  The pattern is called A Midsummer Night's Bloom and I used Breakfast at Tiffany's fabric line by Fig Tree Quilts for Moda.  As you can see, I don't have it quilted yet.  I still need to purchase fabric for the backing, so once I drag myself out to the local quilt store I will be finishing this up on my quilt frame.

In the mean time, I hope to get some garment sewing underway this week before I have to travel for a few days.