Thursday, July 26, 2012

Civil War Generals' Wives BOM - Month 8 thru 10 and Future Sewing Plans

Wow!  Has it actually been since April when I posted my last block of the month?  Yes, I was three months behind on these.  I spent part of yesterday catching up since I will be receiving block 11 in about 2 weeks.  So here they are, in chronological order:

Block Eight - Flora Cooke Stuart, wife of General J.E.B. Stuart (CSA)

Block Nine - Maria Louise (Garland) Longstreet, wife of General James Longstreet (CSA)

Block Ten - Frances Caroline 'Fanny' Chamberlain, wife of General Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain (US)
Now that I caught up on my BOM, I don't feel guilty starting another quilt project.  It is difficult to find non-girly fabrics, but I scored this line at my local quilt store.  It is called VeloCity by Jessica Hogarth for P & B Textiles.  To make it even better, the store was having a 30% off entire purchase sale.  I need more masculine fabrics to make a crib quilt for my daughter's friend who is having a baby boy in a couple months and it is nice to have the fabric on hand because I also have three grandsons.


I'm heading to Hancock Fabrics tomorrow to search out a great fall jacket pattern.  I will also peruse my back issues of BurdaStyle magazine.  I'm anxious to get started on some fall garment sewing.  Do you have plans for any quilts or fall wardrobe pieces?

No comments:

Post a Comment