About Me

My photo

As a Martha Pullen licensed sewing teacher I love to learn new sewing techniques and I equally enjoy teaching sewing techniques to others.  You can also find me teaching Bernina Customer Courses at my local Bernina dealer.  In addition, I demonstrate Stampin' Up products.  I am a servant of the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, wife of one, mom of two, and grandma of five.  Welcome to my sewing and crafting studio!

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sewing Machine Trading Cards Display

In an earlier post I shared photos of my vintage trading cards.  Sarah and Ashley gave me great suggestions on how to display them.  With their suggestions in mind, here is what I came up with:


I didn't want to invest a lot of $$$ in purchasing materials for the display, so I went 'shopping' around my house and found the supplies I thought might work.  I used an old bulletin board, fabric, extra-large ric rac, chicken wire (thanks to my DD), fabric scrapbook flowers, scrapbook papers, and clear acrylic cards.  The only supplies I purchased were the spray paint and the hooks from which to hang the frames.  I am very pleased with the final product and I plan to post a tutorial in the near future.

Now I must go put a couple small holes in my sewing room wall so I can hang this and give those lovely turn-of-the-century sewing cards the visibility they deserve.  :)