About Me

My photo

As a Martha Pullen licensed sewing teacher I love to learn new sewing techniques and I equally enjoy teaching sewing techniques to others.  You can also find me teaching Bernina Customer Courses at my local Bernina dealer.  In addition, I demonstrate Stampin' Up products.  I am a servant of the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, wife of one, mom of two, and grandma of five.  Welcome to my sewing and crafting studio!

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Burda Style Magazine 02-2009-125

No, I did not recently complete this top.  But when I wore it Sunday, I realized I never shared it with all of you because I wasn't blogging when I made it.  And it is too nice of a pattern to keep all to myself!  The blouse has somewhat puffy sleeves with a sleeve band that includes a functional button, it has a collar and it buttons up the front.  Princess seams add shaping detail so it is not a boxy fit.


Burda's fabric suggestions are for light weight shirting.  I used a great batiste fabric from Gorgeous Fabrics.  If you are interested in this pattern, I posted a review of it on Pattern Review way back in 2009 when I made it.  So if you have the February 2009 Burda World of Fashion magazine in your archives and decide to make this blouse, I would love to see your version.  I just might make another one in the upcoming months.