Friday, September 28, 2012

Coat Sew Along

Here we go sewing peeps.  I've committed to Gertie's coat sew along.  The schedule is to have our muslin sewn and fitted by Monday (October 1).


I've not ever participated in a sew along before.  Why?  I'm not sure.  Perhaps it is the stress of accountability.  Will I be able to keep up with the schedule?  What if my garment doesn't fit properly in the end, what if it just looks stupid, what if my color/fabric choices are pathetic?  I must get over my insecurities and dive in with fortitude.  I know the end result will be greater sewing experience and many, many lessons learned.  So it will be a win, win either way.  What about you?  Do you like to commit to challenges or sew alongs?

In the opposite sewing realm, I am busy quilting my grandson's twin size quilt.  My daughter indicated she would simply like straight-line quilting, so rather than using my quilt frame and short-arm quilter, I am using the walking foot on my sewing machine and quilting straight somewhat straight diagonal lines.  :)


Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, I can't wait to see your finished coat! I'm too busy to jump into this one but, I plan to live vicariously through everyone else ;) They're all going to be so pretty.

    Btw, working on a coat *and* a quilt!? Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm sure all the coats from those who are participating in the sew along are going to be quite lovely. You most likely don't need one this heavy in your new location. Lucky you!

      Delete