About Me

My photo

As a Martha Pullen licensed sewing teacher I love to learn new sewing techniques and I equally enjoy teaching sewing techniques to others.  You can also find me teaching Bernina Customer Courses at my local Bernina dealer.  In addition, I demonstrate Stampin' Up products.  I am a servant of the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, wife of one, mom of two, and grandma of five.  Welcome to my sewing and crafting studio!

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Binder Pouch

I'm heading down to Salt Lake for the Sewing Summit this afternoon and I decided this morning that I needed a cute pouch in which to carry my supplies.  After all, who goes to a sewing conference without a handmade item full of sewing supplies?  So I sewed up this pouch with fabrics I had on hand. 


I didn't have the time or desire to shop for supplies so this tutorial was the perfect answer to my search for the perfect little pouch.  Isn't it dang cute!!!  I only made a couple small changes to the original pattern.  I used laminate fabric (by Riley Blake) and instead of the fabric three ring binder tab called for in the pattern, I simply used a piece of canvas strapping that I found in my stash.  No, I do not have the grommets on it yet, because I did not have any on hand.  I will purchase those later.  As for now, I will just be carrying it in my purse anyway.

Here's a shot of the zipper edge.  You can see how nice and flat it lays.  Perfect for storing in a binder.  And the laminate fabric is especially nice if you are making this for your child's school supplies as it wipes clean easily.




I forgot to photograph the backside, but it is just a piece of the darker laminate.  And, BTW, if you are using laminate fabric, the teflon coated presser feet work marvelously.  Have a great sewing weekend.   :)