Friday, January 11, 2013

Colette Patterns Meringue Skirt


My Meringue Skirt muslin fit great everywhere except the length.  I decided to add 2 inches to the pattern and now I'm ready to go!  The fabric I decided on (I think) is a velveteen print by Anna Maria Horner.  My only reservation is that it is quite a large, bold print and I usually go for something a bit more reserved.  I will have to pay special attention to the cutting layout since it has a nap and and one way print.  Ugh!!!  IMO, cutting is the most dreaded part of sewing.  The rest is fun.  :)

I would welcome any and all comments on your experience sewing with velvet or velveteen and/or bold prints.  It is with a bit of trepidation that I move forward with this fabric decision.  Thank you for any pointers you wish to share.

Pam

2 comments:

  1. This is going to look gorgeous! Plan carefully and you will be fine...J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judith. I do love the fabric and I plan to cut into it this afternoon.

      Delete