About Me

My photo

As a Martha Pullen licensed sewing teacher I love to learn new sewing techniques and I equally enjoy teaching sewing techniques to others.  You can also find me teaching Bernina Customer Courses at my local Bernina dealer.  In addition, I demonstrate Stampin' Up products.  I am a servant of the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, wife of one, mom of two, and grandma of five.  Welcome to my sewing and crafting studio!

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Still Stitchin'


Yes, it has been quiet here on a notion to sew lately, but scout's honor (yes, I was a girl scout) I have been busy sewing and creating fun things to wear and to enhance the nest.  Here is a pink, spring jacket (Simplicity2728) in fine whale corduroy and another version of the Sassy Librarian Blouse done up in a beautiful Anna Maria Horner voile fabric.  I must confess, right here and now, I deplore having my picture taken, so I've procrastinated on photographing these so I can write pattern reviews.  Shame on me!  I must get over the camera phobia so I can share with other sewists how much I like both of these patterns.  That shall be my goal for the upcoming week.

On the home front, I stitched up a quilt top called Skipping Squares, and I am now in the process of quilting said project.  As I was pondering the quilting process, I envisioned a comforting, traditional, granny square throw to accompany this colorful quilt.  That's what I need - one more project to complete!  Here is a photo of the progress of the aforementioned home projects.  Of course, I plan to post a full review of the quilt pattern when the quilting is complete.


Do you have multiple projects in progress at one time, or are you a focused, one-project-at-a-time sewist? 

Pam