About Me

My photo

As a Martha Pullen licensed sewing teacher I love to learn new sewing techniques and I equally enjoy teaching sewing techniques to others.  You can also find me teaching Bernina Customer Courses at my local Bernina dealer.  In addition, I demonstrate Stampin' Up products.  I am a servant of the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, wife of one, mom of two, and grandma of five.  Welcome to my sewing and crafting studio!

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Crochet Flower


Here's a close up of the crochet flower that I used on this trivet.  The pattern is from a leaflet I purchased about 4 years ago at my local quilt store.  The leaflet is titled Crochet Candy - Embellishments & More


I used pattern #2, Moss Rose.  The actual size of your crochet flower is determined by the size of your yarn and hook.  I used Martha Stewart extra soft wool blend yarn in color #500, bakery box white.  My hook was a size H/8.  The trivet was almost 14" in diameter so I needed a good sized crochet flower to balance out the size of the trivet.  The circumference of my flower is 4 1/2".


And it is almost 1" thick.  I must really like this pattern because out of the 7 patterns in the leaflet, this is the only one I've made so far.  I used it here, here, and here.  Perhaps the next time I feel the need to embellish with a crochet flower, I will choose one of the other patterns.  I have a tendency to be a creature of habit, so time will tell.  :)

I am on track with the Colette Patterns Hawthorne Sew Along, so that will continue to be the focus of my sewing attention this week.  Have a productive sewing, knitting, crocheting, painting, whatever-it-is-you-enjoy week, my friends. 

Pam