Monday, September 9, 2013

Jalie 1201


Since this Sewaholic Renfrew top was a best pattern of 2012 on Pattern Review, I figured it was about time I give it a shot.  I'm in need of very casual t-shirt type tops to wear around the house and yard, so I will make this one in a few more versions.


The banded bottom is great because it saves me from making a double-needle hem.  Plus, I've always liked banded bottom shirts.  The finishing technique was the same as on this Simplicity top.


The v-neckline is just a bit low cut, but not scandalously so.  I can still comfortably wear it without a cami underneath and that is a blessing in the 90+ degree heat that we are still experiencing.  The fabric is a one-way knit from Joanne Fabrics.  It was very inexpensive (under $10) so I deemed it a good buy to test out the Renfrew top.


The sleeves are also finished with a self-fabric band.  Yay, no hemming there either!!!

Pam

1 comment:

  1. That is a fab looking top, Pam! You convinced me to purchase the Renfrew!

    ReplyDelete