About Me

My photo

As a Martha Pullen licensed sewing teacher I love to learn new sewing techniques and I equally enjoy teaching sewing techniques to others.  You can also find me teaching Bernina Customer Courses at my local Bernina dealer.  In addition, I demonstrate Stampin' Up products.  I am a servant of the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, wife of one, mom of two, and grandma of five.  Welcome to my sewing and crafting studio!

Monday, September 9, 2013

Jalie 1201


Since this Sewaholic Renfrew top was a best pattern of 2012 on Pattern Review, I figured it was about time I give it a shot.  I'm in need of very casual t-shirt type tops to wear around the house and yard, so I will make this one in a few more versions.


The banded bottom is great because it saves me from making a double-needle hem.  Plus, I've always liked banded bottom shirts.  The finishing technique was the same as on this Simplicity top.


The v-neckline is just a bit low cut, but not scandalously so.  I can still comfortably wear it without a cami underneath and that is a blessing in the 90+ degree heat that we are still experiencing.  The fabric is a one-way knit from Joanne Fabrics.  It was very inexpensive (under $10) so I deemed it a good buy to test out the Renfrew top.


The sleeves are also finished with a self-fabric band.  Yay, no hemming there either!!!

Pam