About Me

My photo

As a Martha Pullen licensed sewing teacher I love to learn new sewing techniques and I equally enjoy teaching sewing techniques to others.  You can also find me teaching Bernina Customer Courses at my local Bernina dealer.  In addition, I demonstrate Stampin' Up products.  I am a servant of the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, wife of one, mom of two, and grandma of five.  Welcome to my sewing and crafting studio!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Simple Granny Square Table Runner


Rarely anymore, but now and then, there is something on television that catches my interest.
When that occasion arises, I like to crochet as I'm watching the show.



This project was pretty much a no-brainer for me.
I used leftover Martha Stewart Extra Soft Wool Blend yarn from my stash.
And I first learned to crochet granny squares waaaaay back in the fifth grade,
so I didn't have to purchase yarn and there were no instructions to follow.


The three yarn colors are igloo, bakery box white, and holly berry.
I used a size H/8 (5mm) hook.


The holly berry scalloped edging was achieved by crocheting 5 dc in one space,
skip 3 spaces, crochet 5 dc in the next space, etc.


The result is a lettuce-type edge. 
 
Happy hand-made week, my friends.   :)

Pam