Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Simple Granny Square Table Runner


Rarely anymore, but now and then, there is something on television that catches my interest.
When that occasion arises, I like to crochet as I'm watching the show.



This project was pretty much a no-brainer for me.
I used leftover Martha Stewart Extra Soft Wool Blend yarn from my stash.
And I first learned to crochet granny squares waaaaay back in the fifth grade,
so I didn't have to purchase yarn and there were no instructions to follow.


The three yarn colors are igloo, bakery box white, and holly berry.
I used a size H/8 (5mm) hook.


The holly berry scalloped edging was achieved by crocheting 5 dc in one space,
skip 3 spaces, crochet 5 dc in the next space, etc.


The result is a lettuce-type edge. 
 
Happy hand-made week, my friends.   :)

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment