Wednesday, December 25, 2013

And to all, a good night . . .


The night will be good underneath my warm, newly finished, Christmas quilt.
The pattern and fabric are by Anna Griffin (Christmas Toile).
 
 
 
The fabric is quite busy and I think it is easy to lose sight of the quilt design.
There are wonky stars inside each block.
 
 
 
The thing about those wonky stars is that all four seams come together right in the center.
That can cause a big 'bump' in the middle of the star.
Who needs bumpy stars!
 
 
My solution to bumpy-centered stars was to clip the seam just to the stitching.
Then I could press the seams in opposite directions to help minimize bulk.
It worked fine, but I just learned a better way to de-bump centers.
I will share that in an upcoming post.
 
 
I did the quilting on my Bernina 750.


The back is from the coordinating quilt print by Anna Griffin,
and the binding is a solid red from Riley Blake.

 
 
 Have a very warm and restful Christmas night, my friends.

"Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you,
he is Christ the Lord."
~ Luke 2:11 ~
 
 

1 comment: