Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Beaded Christmas Ornament


When I was a kid, my mom purchased beaded ornament kits.
We would sit for hours making our delicate Christmas ornaments.
I treasured those fragile, beautiful, sparkling balls covered in beads.


My mom had a severe stroke almost 16 years ago.
It left her without the use of one arm, a leg, and an eye.
She now has Alzheimer's also.
She lives in another state.


She stayed with us for a while this November and early December.
She sorted all these little beads for me.
It was too difficult for her to 'string' the beads on the pins.
I did that part.
 

 
The ornament kit is from Mary Maxim.
Red is my favorite color.
 
 
This is my most treasured beaded ornament.
Thanks, mother.
 
 
 
"Listen, my son, to your father's instruction and do not forsake your mother's teaching.
They will be a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck."
~ Proverbs 1:8-9 ~
 
 


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely project to work on together!
    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete