Friday, November 21, 2014

Piecing, Quilting, and a Favorite

There's an eclectic mix of sewing going on around here.
I just jumped onto the IG #haveyourselfamerrylittlechristmas
sew along hosted by @beelori1.
It started earlier this month, so I'm playing catch up, but
the blocks sew up very quickly so I plan to be caught up
with the group in a few days.
It's not too late if you want to get in on a 'piece' of the fun!

I'm also embarking on a quest to fill my bare living room
wall with mini quilts.

 Here's the first one of the bunch, all quilted and hung.
It measures a mere 11" x 14".
My second mini quilt is pieced, layered, pinned, and
waiting to be quilted.

Fabric is Pretty Potent by Anna Maria Horner 
 It's a 24" x 24" geometric pinwheel quilt.
See those cute little butterfly pins with the marshmallow-looking ends?

Fabric is Pretty Potent by Anna Maria Horner
Those are pinmoors, some of my favorite quilting notions.
They are used on the sharp end of the pin to prevent poking yourself.
Blood doesn't play nice with fabric!  LOL
If you're tired of pin pokes and fabric pulls,
check out your local quilt shop first, they just might carry them.
If not, just enter pinmoor in your search engine
and you'll find numerous online retailers from where
you can purchase this great notion.

Have a terrific weekend, my friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment