Monday, April 6, 2015

Skirt and Cape Combo

Cape:  Liesl & Co. Woodland Stroll Cape   Skirt:  Simplicity 2475

First off, my apologies because this fabric does not play nice with the camera.
It is a beautiful green wool plaid from the Pendleton stash gifted to me from my friend Linda.
Second, my apologies for the skirt wrinkles, but I did just return from church service,
and well, this is real life and sometimes life gets wrinkled!!!
The pocket flaps are edged with purchased green bias tape.
I've sewn the Simplicity 2475 pattern a couple of times,
but this is the first time I've tried the Woodland Cape pattern.

 The pattern is quick to sew, fits true to size with no alterations,
and is extremely comfortable to wear.
I have big plans for this one in the fall.
I've already purchased the fabric and plan to sew it up in August or September.
I will post an in-depth review at that time, so stay tuned!

Until we next cross paths again, my friends, keep sewing.




No comments:

Post a Comment