About Me

My photo

As a Martha Pullen licensed sewing teacher I love to learn new sewing techniques and I equally enjoy teaching sewing techniques to others.  You can also find me teaching Bernina Customer Courses at my local Bernina dealer.  In addition, I demonstrate Stampin' Up products.  I am a servant of the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, wife of one, mom of two, and grandma of five.  Welcome to my sewing and crafting studio!

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Quick and Easy Child-size Wrap Skirt and Coordinating T-shirt

 Hey friends!
If you're doing any sewing for pint-size people,
you might want to give this little wrap skirt a look.
The pattern company is AJ's Boutique.
This one is pattern No. 5, Wrap Skirt in children's sizes 4-5-6-7-8.
For my just-turned 5-year-old granddaughter, I sewed up a size 6.
It is a bit large, but I'm confident she'll be wearing it in the near future.


The only closure on this one is a self-tie made from the waistband.
I used a solid red fabric for the back side of the waistband/tie
and a coordinating floral print for the front side.

 
Sewing time is approximately two hours start to finish.
That includes making your own bias trim such as the red polka dot that I made.
The bias went on quickly using my Bernina bias binder attachment.

The skirt instructions include just a few basic steps:
sew two skirt pieces together (one seam.total.that's all.);
attach bias binding (can use purchased, don't have to make your own);
sew inside and outside waistband pieces together and turn right side out;
attach waistband to top of skirt;
Done!!!

This is a great beginner project as well as an
instant gratification for experienced sewists project.
Have fun.