About Me

My photo

As a Martha Pullen licensed sewing teacher I love to learn new sewing techniques and I equally enjoy teaching sewing techniques to others.  You can also find me teaching Bernina Customer Courses at my local Bernina dealer.  In addition, I demonstrate Stampin' Up products.  I am a servant of the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, wife of one, mom of two, and grandma of five.  Welcome to my sewing and crafting studio!

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Fall Triangle Banner

Hey sewers!
Here's my non-traditional colored fall banner.


























Using a triangle quilting ruler, I cut those triangles from solid and printed felt squares.
The felt has some kind of a finish to it that makes it have some body,
even a bit stiff, which is perfect for this banner.

The dark "blobs" on the solid triangles are embroidered lace leaves in a dark, Merlot color thread.
All the leaves fit in one hooping on my Bernina 750.
I used two layers of wash away stabilizer.


Large ric rac, is sewn across the top of the banner
and a beautiful, wide lace adorns the top of the printed triangles.

I stitched the leaves on with the button sew-on stitch on my sewing machine.
That way, I can simply clip the stitches to remove the leaves.
Since the colors of the banner are not necessarily fall oriented, 
I will replace the leaves with snowflakes as winter arrives.

For the lettering, my sizzix dies and machine came in handy.

I planned to use white glitter felt for the lettering,
but the white felt blended in with the light color triangles.
Good thing I had a bunch of dark felt triangles left over.
I used the dark solid color for the letters and they stand out perfectly.

I didn't even stitch each letter to the banner.
Since it is felt on felt, they stay up there nicely.
I will remove them when I replace the leaves with snowflakes
and the new word will be "snow".

It's officially "fall", do you have your seasonal decorating started?

Happy sewing, friends.