Saturday, December 5, 2015

Snow People and Winter Birds

Hey Sewers!
Here we are in early December and
winter is quickly descending upon us
If you are in a climate such as we are here in Utah,
the snow has already started falling, but it is also quickly melting
These little guys however, won't melt
I can't help but smile whenever I look at them

Tami, Ashley, and Brittni are my lovely sewing friends who brought them to life
at my Santa's Workshop sewing class last night at our local Bernina dealer
The pattern for these sweet little snow people heads is in Nancy Halversen's book,
Table Please Part Two
Another winter-themed project in the same book is this
winter birds table topper,
which I'm actually using as a wall hanging


The tree trunks are strip pieced alternately with the white background
the tree branches and birds are applique
I used wool felt for the bird appliques,
which adds great dimension to those feathered beauties


Appleton wool yarn is a perfect pairing with the wool felt and hand stitching
 



 

Enjoy your winter, my friends, and take time to do some
bird watching
and snowball making


No comments:

Post a Comment