Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Serger Sundress



#marthapullenlicensedteacher  #sundress #serger #sewing
Happy May, sewing friends!
This is the May serger pattern that you will receive if you are
in my #sergerclub.

The beautiful gingham fabric and spaghetti bias can
be ordered from Chadwick Heirlooms in Virginia.
No, I do not receive any compensation from Chadwick Heirlooms,
I just know they stock these supplies because I order from them.
😊


I had the mini pom pom trim in my stash, so I used it instead of the
spaghetti bias braid around the bodice/ruffle seam.
Here's the bodice detail.
Those are rows and rows of coverstitches using embroidery thread in the needles.
If you don't have a coverstitch machine, you could achieve a similar effect
on your sewing machine, using a twin needle and embroidery thread.

The back bodice opening has three covered buttons to match the ruffles,
and a big bow.

Covered buttons are so very easy with a covered button kit,
which can be purchased inexpensively at quilt stores or fabric stores.
They add a custom detail to your finished garment.
The ties for that big bow are simply stitched to the top of the side seam.

The techniques we will practice this month are:
Ruffles - using the overlock and/or coverhem
Rolled Hem - using decorative embroidery threads
Topstitching - with the coverhem or sewing machine

My sweet granddaughter is excitedly waiting to wear her new sundress,
but until we meet on May 13 for serger club,
it will be on display at Nuttall's in Layton.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.




No comments:

Post a Comment