Saturday, August 5, 2017

Coneflower Season

Coneflowers are one of my most favorite of summer's floral beauties


They're reliable, they return to visit me every summer
and they always produce colorful blooms
no matter the environment - wet - dry- cool - hot
it doesn't matter
they return.
And now, I can enjoy the beauty of the coneflower year round.
This quick, wool applique candle mat helps me get my coneflower fix
even when the cold winter winds are blowing and the snow is swirling
I added hot fix crystals for a little bling on the "cone"
From bhg.com "Purple coneflower is one of the toughest, most reliable perennials on the market"
As you can see, my coneflower is indeed purple
But, it has some added burnt orange coloring
A very similar coloring to the coneflowers growing in my garden
Disclaimer:
I pressed the wool with my iron and held it in place too long,
thus scorching the purple wool!!!
*sigh*

Instead of hand stitching, I used my sewing machine for the applique

My #BabyLock #Sashiko did an outstanding job on those leaf veins . . .

and on the coneflower stem

The back of the mat is finished off with a simple, cotton fabric


This little mat is a lovely addition to my late summer décor
Enjoy the late season beauty of this great earth God has created, my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment