Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Simplicity 8026 Girls Jumper

My littlest grandgirl was thinking she needed a new dress for fall,
so we headed to Joanne's and she chose Simplicity 8026.

She also chose her own fabric.
It is a very fine whale, lightweight corduroy.
She is an average sized 7 year old - not tall, not short, not heavy, not skinny.
I sewed a size 8 with no adjustments, and it is a perfect fit.

The bodice sides feature a tab (I used flannel) with a decorative button.
Yes, my grandgirl chose those buttons as well.

There is a hidden zipper and hook and eye closure on the back.
I finished off the neckline with Hug Snug, and the armholes with bias binding.

My Baby Lock Triumph did a beautiful job of finishing the inside seams,
and coverstitching the hem.
The pattern sizing is girls 8-16 and it offers sleeve variations
as well as the pattern for a pair of leggings.

Hopefully that girl will get lots of wear out of this jumper before she outgrows it!

Thank you for your visit, sewing friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment