Thursday, July 19, 2018

A Natural Pair - Orange Marigold/Papaya


Happy Thursday, sewers!
This week's colors are orange marigolds and the Papaya zipper.
Yes, the name does match the zipper color,
but there might be some who have never seen a Papaya.
So I'm sharing this photo to give you a frame of reference for the color of the

Marigolds (botanical name is Tagetes) are sold in several different colors.
The most common colors are yellow and orange.
They are part of the sunflower family.
Here in the high desert area of the United States,
marigolds are easy to grow.
They just need some regular watering and a good amount of sunlight.
I use them to outline my vegetable beds because they are pretty and they also attract
nasty little pests (slugs) who choose to feast on the marigolds instead of my vegetables.

The focus of next week's zipper color is pale pink.

I will also have a completed project from one of By Annie's newest patterns to share with you.

Happy gardening and sewing, my friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment