About Me

My photo

As a Martha Pullen licensed sewing teacher I love to learn new sewing techniques and I equally enjoy teaching sewing techniques to others.  You can also find me teaching Bernina Customer Courses at my local Bernina dealer.  In addition, I demonstrate Stampin' Up products.  I am a servant of the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, wife of one, mom of two, and grandma of five.  Welcome to my sewing and crafting studio!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

There is Beauty Scrapbook Layout

As my disclaimer states, I always have a notion to sew, but sometimes other endeavors take my attention.  This is one of those instances.  I fully intended to start another sewing project today, but this photo kept staring at me and I had to make a scrapbook page.


The papers I used are a combination of papers from Anna Griffin, K & Comapny, and Close to My Heart.  I used this kit from Kerri Bradford to make the photo collage.  It was the first time I've used any of her photo masks and I am hooked.  The black flowers above the photo were made by stamping (Hero Arts stamp) with Versa Mark ink and then embossing with black embossing powder.  The layout was inspired from a layout by Nichol Magouirk.  I die cut the title and the notebook tag using my Silhouette.  The die cuts are also designs by Kerri Bradford.  The two embellishments on the bottom right corner are from K & Company.

Okay, back to sewing.