About Me

My photo

As a Martha Pullen licensed sewing teacher I love to learn new sewing techniques and I equally enjoy teaching sewing techniques to others.  You can also find me teaching Bernina Customer Courses at my local Bernina dealer.  In addition, I demonstrate Stampin' Up products.  I am a servant of the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, wife of one, mom of two, and grandma of five.  Welcome to my sewing and crafting studio!

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Crochet Chevron Blanket


My first review of this chevron crochet afghan was back in March of this year.  I made that one for myself, but this one was a Christmas gift for my daughter.  I must admit that I rather selfishly considered keeping this one, as I am so pleased with the color combination.  But no, I did not keep it lest I wouldn't have a handmade gift for DD.  I always try to include at least one handmade item in her gifts.


The pattern is a free one from here.  I used a size I crochet hook, and the following Red Heart brand worsted weight yarn colors: 
  • Grey Heather (3 skeins)
  • Lemon (2 skeins)
  • Cherry Red (1 skein)

Now doesn't that look warm and comfy amidst all that cold snow!?