Thursday, May 17, 2018

The Gabby Handbag



Here is a look at my newest handbag.
I used the Gabby Bag sewing pattern from #emmalinebags
There is also a closer look video at the end of this post.


The main fabric is cotton/linen canvas from #cottonandsteel
For the accent portion at the top of the bag, I used an upholstery fabric sample.
My friend, Kim, gave me a stack of samples that were used by a sales rep.
They are not large samples, but they are perfect for bag accents.
Thanks, Kim!
The bag lining is quilting cotton.
There is a slip pocket on one side of the interior.
I used the fly stitch to add strength to the top of the pocket openings.
The other side of the interior has a zipper pocket.
There is lots of room inside this great handbag,
but don't get me wrong,
it is no means the size of a large tote.
There is a time and a place for a tote,
but there is also a need for a handy,
everyday size purse,
and that's what the Gabby Bag is!
There is also a zipper pocket on the outside of the purse.
I love how the lining fabric accents the zipper opening.
The clever gusset on each end is a nice detail.
The way the side tapers up to the top is so attractive.
The pattern includes instructions for fabric handle tabs and zipper ends,
but I chose to use hardware in antique brass.
The hardware adds a professional finish to this handmade beauty.
I can see myself sewing up another one of these handbags this fall.
I love the pattern and the instructions are clear and easy to follow.
The difficulty rating is intermediate, but I think a confident beginner could sew this one.

Who doesn't need another handbag in their wardrobe?




No comments:

Post a Comment