About Me

My photo

As a Martha Pullen licensed sewing teacher I love to learn new sewing techniques and I equally enjoy teaching sewing techniques to others.  You can also find me teaching Bernina Customer Courses at my local Bernina dealer.  In addition, I demonstrate Stampin' Up products.  I am a servant of the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, wife of one, mom of two, and grandma of five.  Welcome to my sewing and crafting studio!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pattern #376 Tutti-Frutti

Yet another charm pack table runner.  But not for me this time.  This is a Christmas gift for my mother.  Aaaaack!!!! Christmas already?  I know, if I were truly a dedicated sewist, I would be completing such gifts late into the night on Christmas Eve.  Oh well, call me a novice.


The colors are perfect for my mother's home.  She likes soft, pastels and this fits the bill.  This is a great pattern by Sandy Gervais - it sews together quickly and it is fairly inexpensive.  It only requires one charm pack, and a small amount of batting and backing fabric.  I have a number of these table runners around my home.  This post and this post (on the back of the chair) are two examples of a couple variations that I made of the pattern.

I know my mother will not turn this over to use the back side, so I used a vanilla colored kona cotton for a simple backing.  Here's a picture of the back, plain and simple.


Here's a close up of the quilting.




On another completely unrelated note, I finally decided on a skirt pattern to go with my cardigan (Simplicity 2154).  I'll post more on that later this week.  Have a sunny, cloud-free week.