Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pattern #376 Tutti-Frutti

Yet another charm pack table runner.  But not for me this time.  This is a Christmas gift for my mother.  Aaaaack!!!! Christmas already?  I know, if I were truly a dedicated sewist, I would be completing such gifts late into the night on Christmas Eve.  Oh well, call me a novice.


The colors are perfect for my mother's home.  She likes soft, pastels and this fits the bill.  This is a great pattern by Sandy Gervais - it sews together quickly and it is fairly inexpensive.  It only requires one charm pack, and a small amount of batting and backing fabric.  I have a number of these table runners around my home.  This post and this post (on the back of the chair) are two examples of a couple variations that I made of the pattern.

I know my mother will not turn this over to use the back side, so I used a vanilla colored kona cotton for a simple backing.  Here's a picture of the back, plain and simple.


Here's a close up of the quilting.




On another completely unrelated note, I finally decided on a skirt pattern to go with my cardigan (Simplicity 2154).  I'll post more on that later this week.  Have a sunny, cloud-free week.



No comments:

Post a Comment