Thursday, May 15, 2014

Herringbone Jacket - Simplicity 2728


Mother's Day attire this year was classic black and white.
 
 
 
I notice from this photo that the sleeves were a bit wrinkled.
This was after about 7 hours of wear.
Se la vie     :)
 
 
This is the third time I've sewn up Simplicity 2728.
This go round, I decided to add the notched collar
and forego the pockets.
 

 
I see why news anchors and individuals on television
don't wear herringbone.
Photography of said print proves to be a bit tricky.


 
I like the shorter length of this jacket
as an option to wear with wider leg pants.
The back inverted 'v' hem is a nice detail.


 
The pale pink lining is Bemberg Rayon.
 
I also plan to wear this version with
white capris and black capris.
A bright tank (such as a fabulous pink)
would add a terrific pop of color.
Hmmmm, I see myself sewing up a new tank in the near future.
 
What about you, my friends.
Do you make many jackets during the warmer weather?
Or do you concentrate on jackets more during cooler weather?
 

 
 


2 comments:

  1. Very nice job on the jacket! I am looking for this pattern after seeing your version. I am always looking for spring/ summer type jackets to wear to work. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to seeing your new jacket for work, Teresa. Thank you for the kind comments. :)

      Delete