Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Halloween Card

Here's a quick little card I made for my parents. 



My inspiration for this card is from Nichol Magouirk’s blog.  I used Gina K. Designs ivory cardstock for the card base and the pumpkin rubber stamp is from her Falling for You Stamp TV kit.  I stamped the pumpkins on watercolor paper, then heat embossed with white embossing powder, and painted in with Close to My Heart markers (goldrush & olive) spritzed with pearlized water.  It was a technique I learned in Jennifer McGuire’s Inpsiration Showcase online card class last month.  I adhered them to the front of the card using pop dots.  The spider & web & BOO! acrylic stamps are from Close to my Heart (CTMH).  I die cut the tree and fence using my Silhouette.  I cut the tree out of ivory cardstock, then rubbed CTMH chocolate dye ink on it and let it dry.  Then I used CTMH colonial white dye ink on the Hero Arts designer woodgrain background stamp to give the tree a little dimension.  The background paper is from a 6 x 6 paper pad by My Mind’s Eye called Mischievous.

I'm currently quilting my bed runner and hope to have a review posted on here in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment