About Me

My photo

As a Martha Pullen licensed sewing teacher I love to learn new sewing techniques and I equally enjoy teaching sewing techniques to others.  You can also find me teaching Bernina Customer Courses at my local Bernina dealer.  In addition, I demonstrate Stampin' Up products.  I am a servant of the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, wife of one, mom of two, and grandma of five.  Welcome to my sewing and crafting studio!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Halloween Card

Here's a quick little card I made for my parents. 



My inspiration for this card is from Nichol Magouirk’s blog.  I used Gina K. Designs ivory cardstock for the card base and the pumpkin rubber stamp is from her Falling for You Stamp TV kit.  I stamped the pumpkins on watercolor paper, then heat embossed with white embossing powder, and painted in with Close to My Heart markers (goldrush & olive) spritzed with pearlized water.  It was a technique I learned in Jennifer McGuire’s Inpsiration Showcase online card class last month.  I adhered them to the front of the card using pop dots.  The spider & web & BOO! acrylic stamps are from Close to my Heart (CTMH).  I die cut the tree and fence using my Silhouette.  I cut the tree out of ivory cardstock, then rubbed CTMH chocolate dye ink on it and let it dry.  Then I used CTMH colonial white dye ink on the Hero Arts designer woodgrain background stamp to give the tree a little dimension.  The background paper is from a 6 x 6 paper pad by My Mind’s Eye called Mischievous.

I'm currently quilting my bed runner and hope to have a review posted on here in the next few days.