About Me

My photo

As a Martha Pullen licensed sewing teacher I love to learn new sewing techniques and I equally enjoy teaching sewing techniques to others.  You can also find me teaching Bernina Customer Courses at my local Bernina dealer.  In addition, I demonstrate Stampin' Up products.  I am a servant of the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, wife of one, mom of two, and grandma of five.  Welcome to my sewing and crafting studio!

Friday, April 24, 2015

Frozen Falls Crochet Throw

No doubt about it, quilts make a house a home.
But when quilts and crochet throws intermingle,
homey is elevated to cozy.

#loveofcrochet
This one is from the Winter 2013 issue of Love of Crochet.
It's called Frozen Falls and I thought the
Martha Stewart Extra Soft Wool Blend yarn
in Igloo was the perfect frozen color to pair with the pattern.


It is such a soft yarn and when combined with this stitch pattern,
makes for a beautifully, soft, drapey throw.


One feature that I've never stitched before is the reverse crochet around the edge.
The pattern instructs to work a reverse single crochet around the throw.
In my excitement to finish up this project, I wasn't paying close attention,
and I ended up crocheting a reverse double crochet.
Of course, it was more time consuming than a reverse single crochet would have been,
but I am pleased with the end result.
My daughter commented that the edging finishes it off like binding on a quilt.


Some You Tube videos proved to be helpful in learning this new technique.
I love how it completes the throw.
Have you ever done reverse crochet?
I had never even heard of it until I stitched this pattern.

Happy crocheting, my friends!