About Me

My photo

As a Martha Pullen licensed sewing teacher I love to learn new sewing techniques and I equally enjoy teaching sewing techniques to others.  You can also find me teaching Bernina Customer Courses at my local Bernina dealer.  In addition, I demonstrate Stampin' Up products.  I am a servant of the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, wife of one, mom of two, and grandma of five.  Welcome to my sewing and crafting studio!

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Sailing into Mid Summer and a Business Announcement

Hi sewing friends!
Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit
as you enter my front door, this is what greets you (besides me) . . .
a sweet, summer, sailboat, in-the-hoop Kimberbell project
here are a few pointers if you plan to embroider your own summer sailboat:
  • be prepared to spend some time on this one, it is not labor or stitch intensive, it just requires you to remove the hoop from the machine and trim fabric and/or press a number of times
  • the instructions include 82 steps!
  • it doesn't require much fabric, I used scraps from my stash 
Now for my announcement -  
I'm a new business owner!!!
Yep, my Etsy shop front will open August 1 under the name ANotion2Sew
I've been ever so busy sewing up inventory to stock my shop
I will sell handmade, high-quality home and fashion accessories
along with the patterns and hardware for DIYers
who wish to stitch up their own accessories
And just in time for the Fall season, I have several season-appropriate items
that will be up for sale - all lovingly handmade with care in my home studio

As we sail into August, check back here for the link to ANotion2Sew
- or -
just stop by to say hello, I love visitors

If you are an Etsy seller, please share your words of wisdom

Thanks for keeping me company today.