Sunday, July 31, 2016

Shop Grand Opening! and Apron Pattern Review

Happy August, sewing friends!
Today marks the grand opening of my Etsy shop,
Can you see how excited my model is?

I have an apron to share with you all
This one is the Vera apron by Penny Sturges of Quilts Illustrated
It came together rather quickly
and there are some clever steps to attach those two pockets
without making them "patch" pockets
Fabric:  Veranda by Brenda Walton

The skirt pocket is sewn into the seams
and the bib pocket is sewn into the waist seam
I used my Bernina ruffler attachment to make those great pleat details
The bib features a feminine sweetheart neckline
 and the reverse side is fully lined.
If you're looking for a polished apron, this pattern just might be the one.
The pattern and completed apron are both available in my shop.

Do you wear aprons?
I almost always wear one when I am cooking.
I do want to protect my clothing,
but the apron puts me in the cooking mind set
and makes me a better cook
(okay, that's a stretch).

I'm truly glad you stopped in today, friends.
I love to hear from you, so please pause to say hello in the comment section.






No comments:

Post a Comment